Metval is specialized in thermal spraying anti mechanical wear coatings for the automotive, valves, textile, pumps and drawing industries.
Such coatings are obtained with the following processes: wire metallization, air plasma spraying, HVOF and electric arc.
Examples of common applications in these industries are the following:
- automotive: molybdenum coating on synchronizer rings, differential pins, gear box bushings and forks; bronze coating on forks.
- valves: metal to metal seal with tungsten carbide TCC, chromium carbide CCC or metals coatings.
- textile: plasma sprayed ceramic coatings on cylinders, feed rolls, thread guides.
- pumps: plasma and HVOF coatings on bushings, pistons, rings, pumps shell.
- wire drawing: plasma and HVOF coating on rolls, rings and cones.
Thermal spraying coatings are also utilized with other purposes:
- to prevent corrosion;
- for electrical insulation or conductivity;
- as thermal barriers;
- to restore original dimensions.
Machining and surface finishing operations (coating grinding, polishing, lapping) eventually requested by customers are carried out internally.